Whoop Whoop! Let’s meet your voted Favorite Natural Of the Week from Naija Naturals
1. Hi can we meet you you?
My name is Janet Otobo. I am a books and music enthusiast. My favorite are jazz and classical music. I enjoy running for exercises and goal in life is to be an entrepreneur and become financially independent by age 35.
Right now I work as a model and I’m signed with ice model management South Africa.
2. One thing you miss most about being a kid?
– The ignorant bliss of life… I mean the no hustling, no going to work
part of it. Just wake up, go to school or play and be fed and sleep. Such
3. How long have you been Natural, what are the challenges you have faced so far and how did you overcome them?
– I have been natural since November 2015. The worst part of it for me is having to tuck my hair back in braids before bed 😫. After long days I
just want to come home and sleep and not be fussing over my thick head of curls. Also my hair never retains moisture. After a few hours it’s all gone even when I get to deal with oils. If I go one day without water in my hair ‘simbi’ is in trouble.
4. If you could have one super-power gift what would it be?
– To read people a minds at will.
5. Leave-in or co-wash?
– Definitely leave -in for me.
6. How do you manage your hair in Lagos Heat and dust?
– Protective styling baby. Wigs and turbans are my salvation for lagos.
7. What does being Natural mean to you?.
– It is an identity. It is me saying I am enough. It’s is me saying I love
myself and I will stay away from all the evil in relaxer tubes. It is me
saying there is nothing wrong with how I look. It is me saying no to all
the lies we’ve been told about our hair.
8. Favorite or Holy Grail Products?
– My favorite is still coconut oil.
9. You have a free Plane Ticket. Where would you go?
– I would go to Bali. It is one of the mothers of the Ankara fabric
designs. I would love to see and be involved in how they make their batik designs, see some temples and I love the easy life there. Bali is a nice holiday place too.
10. Big Chop or Transition
– Definitely big chop. Won’t have to deal with 2 different hair textures.
And you can enjoy early stages.
Got a hair question? Or you wanna be featured as #HAIRSPIRATION Of the Month? Join our Facebook Group Naija Naturals and send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured as Natural of the week on NaijaNaturals.